topbella

Thursday, 2 February 2012

Paranormal Romance Month Review: Angels' Blood by Nalini Singh (Guild Hunter #1)

Publisher - Gollancz
Publication Date - 11th February 2010
Paperback - 368 pages
Genre - Paranormal Romance

Source - Library

Rating - 4 out of 5: I really liked it!

Book Info - Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux knows she’s the best – but she doesn’t know if she’s good enough for this job. Hired by the dangerously beautiful Archangel Raphael, a being so lethal that no mortal wants his attention, only one thing is clear – failure is not an option… even if the task she’s been set is impossible. Because this time, it’s not a wayward vamp she has to track. It’s an archangel gone bad. The job will put Elena in the midst of a killing spree like no other… and pull her to the razor’s edge of passion. Even if the hunt doesn’t destroy her, succumbing to Raphael’s seductive touch just may. Because when archangels play, mortals break…

My Thoughts - I loved the main characters of Elena and Raphael. Elena is strong and independent and I love that she will not back down on things, even when facing an archangel (although this does tend to get her in a lot of trouble). She has been through a lot in her life and although at times her past comes back to haunt her, she fights through her fear and still manages to get on with the job at hand. Raphael is dark, dangerous and incredibly sexy. There is a huge amount of sexual chemistry between these two characters and I love the way the relationship develops between them.

I also really enjoyed reading about the world created by Nalini Singh. Angels are the most powerful creatures on the earth and they are beautiful and deadly. Vampires, on the other hand, are created by angels and are their subordinates. In Angels’ Blood the vampires are not portrayed as all evil beings - although they do drink blood, they do not kill people.

Summary - I loved reading Angels’ Blood; it is full of action, romance, sexual tension and mystery. I especially loved the ending – it brought a little tear to my eye! I cannot recommend this book enough to anybody who loves paranormal romance.

Other books in this series:
1. Angels' Blood
2. Archangel's Kiss
3. Archangel's Consort
4. Archangel's Blade

Other reviews of this book:
Book Chick City / Dear Author / Feeling FictionalLove Vampires / The Word Fiend

6 comments:

Shelagh said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed Angels' Blood Chrissie. I have to explore the rest of this series because Singh really has given it so much potential.

And thanks for linking to my review. :)

TheReadingPenguin said...

Great review! I absolutely love this series. As you said, Elena backs down from nothing--you can't help but cheer her on. And the end is just SO AWESOME! :D

Chrissie (Once Upon a Series) said...

Shelagh - You're welcome :)

This is really a very good series. I'm reading book 4 at the mo and enjoying it a lot!

TheReadingPenguin - Oh, I just LOVED the ending! It was so good :)

Sarah (saz101) said...

YESSS! I EFFING LOVE THIS SERIES!
The chemistry between Ellie and Raphael? Phwoar *fans self*

ANYONE who loves Paranormal romance totally needs to read this book! Yes! And it's maybe a little more accessible than Nalini's Psy-Changeling series (which I've not yet read, but want to), because there aren't so many of them yet? Not as overwhelming?

Oooh, you know what? I love the backstory, as well. I LOVED that Elena has this element of fragility, and her and Raphael find strength in each other *swoons*

Oh my goodness, true story: I dreamed about picking up a copy of Archangel's Blade last night.

Chrissie (Once Upon a Series) said...

Sarah - I take it you like this series just a little bit ;)

I finished Archangel's Blade last night and it was so good - the ending made me cry!

Sarah (saz101) said...

*cough* Just a... you know, tiny bit. I may or may not go back and read selects bits of the books over and over again on my phone's Kindle App.

OMG! Archangel's Blade. I cried SO. MUCH. His son </3

Having said that, Dimitri still scares the bejeezus out of me O___O

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Bloggers...

Maddie sometimes guest blogs here!