topbella

Monday 16 December 2013

Review: Temptation's Edge by Eve Berlin (Pleasure Dome #3)

Publisher - Black Lace
Publication Date - 23rd May 2013
Paperback - 336 pages
Genre - Erotic Romance

Source - Received from publisher for review

Rating - 3 out of 5: I liked it

Reviewed by - Chrissie

Book Info - What happens when you let yourself fall…
Mischa Kennon isn’t one to take it lying down, at least not until she meets sexy Connor Galloway , a green-eyed Irishman with an air of authority she finds hard to resist. While performing duties as maid of honor to her best friend, Mischa indulges in a casual relationship with Connor. She’s surprised by the thrill of his dominance, and lusts for more feisty battles before surrender.


…over the edge
It’s all fun and games in the BDSM Pleasure Dome Club, until Mischa realizes Connor could master her heart.

…and into temptation?
If she gives in to desire, will it be too much to handle, or will it open her to a kind of love she never thought possible?

My Thoughts - I have read the first two books in this series already and I really enjoyed the first one, liked the second one a little less and, if I'm honest, liked the third one the least in the trilogy. I think the problem is that they all feel a little bit the same to me so by the time I got to the third book I was already bored of the regular format.

I like how the characters in the book are strong. Mischa and Conner have both had a tough time of it through their lives but they have managed to pull themselves up and become successful people in life and in their chosen careers. And I like that it shows that the submissive partner can also be strong with a personality of their own, as well as just the dominant partner. What did irritate me a little bit, and this has been becoming more of an issue as the series has progressed, is how all of the characters seem to believe that love is a weakness and something to be avoided at all costs. I understand that there has to be some kind of conflict in a romance novel otherwise the Happy Ever After will happen too soon and there will be no story. But I just wish there could be more variety with what that conflict is. It just made all the books feel much the same and even now they are all starting to blur into one another a little bit.

I did enjoy the steamy scenes, as I always do with any of Eve Berlin's work. They are always well written and in this one I found that she pushed things a little further in terms of the kink aspect and didn't just stick to spankings, which has been a complaint of mine of the previous books in the series. So because of that, the power play between Mischa and Conner felt a little more real than it had in the first two books. I also really enjoyed the ending, but I can't say a whole lot about that as I don't want to include any spoilers.

Summary - Overall, Temptation's Edge was an enjoyable read with likeable characters and a more believable sense of the power play than the previous books in the series. However, some elements of the books were all very similar so by book three I was starting to get a little bored. But still well worth a read for fans of the erotic romance genre.

Other books in the series:
1. Pleasure's Edge
2. Desire's Edge
3. Temptation's Edge

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Bloggers...

Maddie sometimes guest blogs here!