topbella

Thursday 29 December 2011

2012 Speculative Romance Challenge



As I've been reading a lot of Paranormal Romance recently, I thought that this challenge would be perfect for me!

So here are the rules:

Timeline: 01 Jan 2012 - 31 Dec 2012


Rules: There are FOUR (4) LEVELS to choose from:
- One Sexy Demon: Read 6 Speculative Romance novels in 2012
- Two Sexy Werewolves: Read 12 Speculative Romance novels in 2012
- Three Sexy Vampires: Read 18 Speculative Romance novels in 2012
- Four Sexy Archangels: Read 24 Speculative Romance novels in 2012


You don't have to select your books ahead of time, you can just add them as you go. Also if you do list them upfront you can change them, nothing is set in stone! The books you choose can crossover into other challenges you have on the go.


You can join at anytime. All books read in 2012 count towards the challenge regardless of when you sign up.


At the beginning of Jan 2012, you will find a link to specific month to add your reviews.


Audiobooks do not count, but all other formats are accepted.


Only fiction, no non-fiction.


This challenge can crossover to other challenges.


GENRES:
 - Paranormal romance
- Dark fantasy romance
- Urban fantasy romance
- Steampunk romance
- Sci-fi romance
- Apocalyptic romance



I'm going to attempt the Two Sexy Werewolves level and read 12 Speculative Romance novels. Hopefully I will read more than this but I thought I'd go for a level I'm pretty certain I can achieve. I'm not sure what all of the 12 books will be yet, but here are the ones I definitely want to read in 2012:

1. Angel Slayer by Michele Hauf
2.Fallen by Michele Hauf
3. Ashes of Angels by Michele Hauf
4. The Darkest Whisper by Gena Showalter
5. The Darkest Passion by Gena Showalter
6. The Darkest Lie by Gena Showalter
7. The Darkest Secret by Gena Showalter
8. The Darkest Surrender by Gena Showalter
9. Archangel's Blade by Nalini Singh

3 comments:

Melliane said...

Good luck for your challenge

Jenny said...

Sounds like you have some steamy reads ahead of you. ;)

Shelagh said...

Oooh - looks like a very fun challenge Chrissie. I think I'm going to have to join you. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Bloggers...

Maddie sometimes guest blogs here!