topbella

Sunday 25 September 2011

Series of the Week: Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater

Each Sunday I will be highlighting a series that I have been wanting to read for a while, and that I hope to read very soon! This week my pick is the Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie Stiefvater. I have heard so many great things about this series, and I already own the first two books, but I still haven't got around to starting these books yet!

Have you read this series? Let me know what you thought of them!

Shiver

For years, Grace has watched the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf - her wolf - is a chilling presence she can't seem to live without. Meanwhile, Sam has lived two lives: In winter, the frozen woods, the protection of the pack, and the silent company of a fearless girl. In summer, a few precious months of being human... until the cold makes him shift back again.

Now, Grace meets a yellow-eyed boy whose familiarity takes her breath away. It's her wolf. It has to be. But as winter nears, Sam must fight to stay human - or risk losing himself, and Grace, forever.

Linger

In Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver, Grace and Sam found each other. Now, in Linger, they must fight to be together. For Grace, this means defying her parents and keeping a very dangerous secret about her own well-being. For Sam, this means grappling with his werewolf past... and figuring out a way to survive into the future. Add into the mix a new wolf named Cole, whose own past has the potential to destroy the whole pack. And Isabelle, who already lost her brother to the wolves... and is nonetheless drawn to Cole.

At turns harrowing and euphoric, Linger is a spellbinding love story that explores both sides of love - the light and the dark, the warm and the cold - in a way you will never forget.

Forever

In Maggie Stiefvater's SHIVER, Grace and Sam found each other. In LINGER, they fought to be together. Now, in FOREVER, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in.

4 comments:

TheReadingPenguin said...

I had sort of a bland reaction to Shiver. I liked the characters, I liked the love story. I hated the world building--the entire concept just bugged the hell out of me. I didn't read the other books in the series, so maybe it got better?

Chrissie (Once Upon a Series) said...

Thanks fairypenguin for your view :)

Hmm, I wonder if anyone who's read all the series can let us know if it does get any better?

Chrissie (Once Upon a Series) said...

Hehe Shelagh, you're not the last! Hope you enjoy it if you do read it :)

Luxembourg said...

I loved the book! It was so sweet and exciting. I couldn't put the book down. I wanted to know what was going to happen between Grace and Sam.I loved the way the author wrote from Grace's perpective and then from Sam's. You get the feel on how each of the characters felt and reacted to the situations. Very cool! Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Bloggers...

Maddie sometimes guest blogs here!