topbella

Monday 1 July 2013

Review: Leopard's Prey by Christine Feehan (Leopard People #6)

Publisher - Piatkus
Publication Date - 28th May 2013
Paperback - 384 pages
Genre - Paranormal Romance

Source - Received from publisher for review

Rating - 3.5 out of 5: I really liked it

Reviewed by - Chrissie

Book Info - From a tough stint in the armed forces to stalking the unknown as a bayou cop, leopard shifter Remy Boudreux has been served well by his uncanny gifts. And right now, New Orleans could use a homicide detective like Remy.

A serial killer is loose, snatching victims from the French Quarter with pitiless rage and unnatural efficiency. But something else is drawing Remy into the twilight - a beautiful jazz singer bathed, night after night, in a flood of blood-red neon.

Sultry, mysterious and as seductive as her songs, she's luring Remy deeper into the shadows than he ever imagined possible. And as their passions swell, his keen instinct for survival will be challenged like never before. By a killer - and by a woman.

My Thoughts - I have read a few books by this author and found them to be pretty hit and miss if I'm honest... a couple that I've read have been really good, while a couple of others have been just okay. And one of them I couldn't even finish, which is very rare for me. So I picked up this book with some trepidation, but luckily, this was one that I did enjoy... very much so in fact. And even though this is the sixth book in the series, I was easily able to read this one without any confusion at all even though I haven't read any of the previous books.

I really liked both of the main characters, Remy and Bijou. They are both strong and loyal, and I really felt for Bijou as I learnt more about her backstory. Remy has a few faults, such as his stubborn nature and the fact that he didn't always manage to do the right thing for Bijou despite his best intentions, but nothing that really made me dislike him. They just made his character more realistic. What did irritate me slightly was the fact that he always blames all of his bad points on his leopard! Every single time! I almost wanted to tell him to step up and take responsibility for his actions rather than falling back on his leopard as an excuse. And I believe that Bijou and his sister told him exactly that at one point in the book, which did make me laugh.

The chemistry between these two is just off the charts and when they do finally come together there are serious fireworks. If you're not a fan of things getting a little bit rough between the sheets then this may not be the book for you... but fortunately, things like that don't bother me at all. I felt that the balance between the romance and mystery elements of the story worked very well, but there was just one major problem that I had with this book. To me, it was immediately apparent who was behind the murders as soon as the character was introduced to the reader. I kept on reading in the hopes that the author would throw in some kind of twist and that maybe I was wrong... but no, that didn't happen.

Summary - A great plotline, with characters that are easy to fall in love with as well as some unbelievably hot sexy times. It was just let down by the mystery being so easy to solve. But even so, I still really enjoyed this one and will be looking for more books from this series.

Other books in this series:
1. The Awakening
2. Wild Rain
3. Burning Wild
4. Wild Fire
5. Savage Nature
6. Leopard's Prey

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Bloggers...

Maddie sometimes guest blogs here!