topbella

Tuesday 1 November 2011

A Perfect 10 - With Me!



Today marks the beginning of my brand new feature - A Perfect 10 - and this week it will be me talking about my favourite series of all time! If you are an author/blogger who would like to take part in this feature then please email me at onceuponaseries [at] live.co.uk.

So without further ado, here is my countdown:

10. Angel Trilogy by L.A. Weatherly

I have only read the first book in the series (haven't had a chance to get my hands on book two yet!) but I absolutely loved it! The idea of angels being the bad guys was such an interesting concept that I fell in love with this series straight away.


9. Nightshade Series by Andrea Cremer

This series offers a very unique take on the werewolf genre and I just fell in love with the characters. I really can't wait for book three of this series.

8. Guild Hunter Series by Nalini Singh

Ok, so you may not know this but at the moment I have a big thing for angels, and I only need one word to explain why I love this series so much - Raphael *swoon*. If you don't know what I mean by that then you need to go and read this series NOW!

7. Hex Hall Series by Rachel Hawkins

I absolutely loved the first two books in the series and I am now anxiously awaiting the third installment. Sophie has to be one of my favourite main characters ever - I just love her snarky attitude!


6. Lost Angels Series by Heather Killough-Walden

So the first book in this series, Avenger's Angel, isn't out here in the UK until 24th November but I finished reading my review copy of it today and I loved it soooo much I wanted to start it again straight away! I can't remember ever feeling like that about a book before. I will definitely be checking out more of this author's work!

5. Demons of Infernum Series by Rosalie Lario

A series based around four very sexy demon half-brothers. I can't recommend this series enough - especially book two, Mark of the Sylph, which focuses on Taeg who is half demon, half air sylph - a very sexy combination!

4. The Morganville Vampires Series by Rachel Caine

What can I say about this series - the most action-packed set of books I have ever come across! The reader is hardly given a chance to breath as one twist follows another. It is impossible not to fall in love with Claire, the main character, as she tries to keep on the right side of the vampires who run Morganville. If you haven't read this series yet then you really should - a unique slant on the YA vampire novel.

3. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

I'm pretty sure that if you haven't read these books yet then you will at least know what they are about. This series was my first experience with dystopian fiction and they literally took my breath away. I only read them recently and I can't believe that it took me so long to get to them. Definitely a series I will be re-reading in the future.

2. Mercy Thompson Series by Patricia Briggs

I fell in love with this series right from the very first page. I love the concept of a coyote shape-shifter living near a pack of werewolves and how this affects her life. I might also have a slight crush Adam, the Alpha werewolf *sigh*. Please, this series is a must-read for any fans of Urban Fantasy!

1. Dark Swan Series by Richelle Mead

The. Best. Series. EVER! Well, in my opinion anyway *grin*. I love Eugenie and how she learns to embrace her gentry side, and Richelle Mead sure knows how to write books that will keep the reader turning the pages. I really can't wait to see what happens in the final book of the series - Shadow Heir - even though I am incredibly sad that this amazing series is coming to an end *sob*.

So, have you read any of these series? Are there any of your favourite series that haven't been mentioned? Let me know what you think of my top ten :)

5 comments:

Jenny said...

Well the only ones I've read are the Mercy Thompson books and I like them. The cover of Avenger's Angels is beautiful!

Marathon said...

Out of all the ones listed here, I'd have to say I agree the MOST with the Hex Hall, because that is one hilarious, awesomesauce series :)

I have yet to read the Morganville Vampires (I know, I know, I know how bad that is), but that's for another day...

- Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

Chrissie (Once Upon a Series) said...

Jenny - The Mercy Thompson books are pretty spectacular! And the Avenger's Angel cover is even more beautiful in real life - I can't stop looking at it and stroking it lovingly, but don't tell anybody else about that ;)

Asher - I agree, Hex Hall is very funny! I just love Sophie's attitude. And you need to go and buy the Morganville Vampire books as soon as you can :)

Raine said...

Thanks for sharing. I'll be looking out for Hex Hall and I'm presently waiting for my friends copies of Hunger Games books. ;D

Chrissie (Once Upon a Series) said...

Ooh, I hope you enjoy the Hunger Games! It is an amazing series :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Bloggers...

Maddie sometimes guest blogs here!