topbella

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Paranormal Romance Month Review: The Ninja Vampire's Girl by Michele Hauf (Of Angels and Demons #2.5)


Publisher - Mills and Boon
Genre - Paranormal Romance

Source - Purchased

Rating - 3 out of 5: I liked it


Book Info - Coco Stevens has a taste for adventure - enough to risk stealing a halo from a Fallen angel to help her sister. But she never imagined her mission would land her in the arms of a scarred - but still dangerously sexy - vampire.

Zane is on his own quest to hunt a Fallen angel, and will do whatever it takes to win... including bite the interfering Coco. Even if it joins them by an erotic bond that warms both vampire and mortal's blood with desire...

My Thoughts - This is a very short novella that is included in the UK edition of Ashes and Angels (book three in the series). It is only around 50 pages long, so this is likely to be just a quick review.

I liked both of the characters in this novel, although I had already met them before whilst reading Ashes of Angels (I read them out of order). Coco is a strong character who is very protective of her sister, who is the muse in book three of the series. She has gone to find a halo for her sister to use as a weapon in case a Fallen angel should ever find her, but she meets up with the vampire, Zane. He is a very sexy vampire and it was easy to fall a little bit in love with him. However, because the novella is so short I didn't really feel as though I learnt as much as I would have liked about the characters. At the end they were still a bit of a mystery to me.

There is a good balance between romance and action in this novella, but the background story was lacking slightly, most likely because of the length of it. There was not much explanation of the world in which these characters live and so I think this should only really be read as part of the series. But, as part of the series, this is a fun, sexy and quick read that I would highly recommend.

Summary - A quick read that I managed in one sitting, and that I enjoyed a lot. It is full of romance and action and is a must-read for fans of Michele Hauf's work.

Other books in the series:
1. Angel Slayer
2. Fallen
2.5. The Ninja Vampire's Girl
3. Ashes of Angels

This book counts towards the following challenges:
Book #8 for 2012 Speculative Romance Reading Challenge
Book #12 for 2012 Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge

3 comments:

Sarah@Catching Books said...

Awesome review!! I haven't heard of this series but it sounds great :)

Shelagh said...

I'm not sure what I think of novellas that fall between books. It bugs me to have to pay for a partial story so I like that it was included with book 3.

Chrissie (Once Upon a Series) said...

Sarah - This is a great PNR series! Well worth a read :)

Shelagh - Yeah, I'm glad it was included with one of the novels. I'm not sure I would have appreciated paying for 50 pages. But that being said, this is a fun read :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Bloggers...

Maddie sometimes guest blogs here!