topbella

Monday 17 October 2011

Must Read Monday #1

Fans of Fiction

Today marks the start of a brand new meme over at Fans of Fiction. To take part all you have to do is pick a book that you loved from the chosen genre (today that is dystopian) and write an acrostic about it instead of using a blurb. This is a new and fun way to recommend books to other bloggers!

OK, so dystopian is a fairly new genre to me so I don't really have many to pick from. And as I've never done anything like an acrostic before, I'm going to choose the one with the shortest title - Matched by Ally Condie (sorry Jenna, I know you picked this one too!).

Become Matched at 17
     Must Answer to the officials
            Two boys in her life
            Cannot make your own choices
  Cassia Has found a love of her own
            End of the world as Cassia knows it
            Dangerous times ahead

Right, so I'm thinking I may have to work on my acrostic writing skills :)

If you think you can do any better (and I'm sure you can do much better!) head on over to Fans of Fiction and join in the fun!

6 comments:

Jenna and Ashley said...

Chrissie, I really like yours! "Dangerous times ahead" gives the book the necessary foreshadowing, as the characters are in constant fear.

Thanks for participating:)

-Jenna @ Fans of Fiction

Chrissie (Once Upon a Series) said...

Thanks Jenna, glad you like it. It was a lot of fun :)

Getting Your Read On said...

I loved Matched too. It's one of my favorites. I can't wait to read the next book!

Michelle @ Much Loved Books said...

Great choice and love the words used, if I hadn't have already read Matched I would definatly pick up a copy now.

Susanne said...

Nice acrostic! I need to read this book.

Susanne

Pamela said...

All these Matched acrostics are awesome! I have it on my bookshelf and I'm excited to read it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our Bloggers...

Maddie sometimes guest blogs here!